A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hawaiian State of Mind

Yesterday, we enjoyed a day off, due to wintery weather conditions in Midland that had schools closing. This morning, we woke up at 6:30 to a power outage that had been in effect for over four hours. Needless to say, it was pretty chilly, and as we dressed for work in the dark, the outside temperature was 39 degrees. Looking at the unlit Christmas tree, my mind drifted back to our honeymoon in Hawaii...

I imagined the warm sun, swimming with the sea turtles, and the most happy three weeks of my life. After teaching classes this morning (Tuesdays are my work from home after teaching day), I returned to a still powerless and cold apartment. I knew I needed something to put me in a Hawaiian state of mind.

Enter the nail salon. It was warm, I could put my feet in hot wax, and have hot towels wrapped around my legs. Sign. Me. Up:



I picked a Strawberry Margarita pink that reminded me of our escapades on the islands:


I came home in these salon flip flops despite the 49 degree weather...oh the things we do for beauty. Now, I have a little bit of Hawaii to keep me warm. And the power is back on, so that helps too.

I'll be answering student emails, grading quizzes, doing laundry and packing today...and all the while, dreaming of Mai Tais on the beach and nights in the rainforest.

Here's to whatever keeps your thoughts warm when it's cold outside!

<3 S, B, L&Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...