A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, November 10, 2013

No News is Good News

We've been keeping busy at work, which accounts for the absence of blog posts. I've been interviewing tutors, planning honor society meetings, and working on a story in addition to all the normal stuff that comes with teaching. The good news? I'm teaching the last paper in Comp I and reading the last novel with American Lit. students, which are both signs that we're nearing finals. Of course, the next month will be busy, but I love that there is so much to look forward to with the upcoming holiday season. 

We've had a nice weekend...our third weekend in a row of actually staying home! Brendan made me this awesome Japanese soup on Friday night, and we watched the finale of Master Chef Junior, my guilty pleasure favorite T.V. show. 


Sharing the last bottle of wedding wine meant I was asleep on the couch by 8:30. Oh well. 

Yesterday, we took a walk at the 1-20 Nature Preserve, but unfortunately, every mosquito in town had the same idea. We were lucky enough to run into some fellow trail walkers that let us use some of their bug spray. We also saw Ender's Game at the new movie theater in Midland, Cingery. I loved that we could reserve our seats, show up at exactly the start time, and still have an awesome place to sit. However, the downside was that this place was packed to the maximum capacity on Saturday night, so traffic and getting to our theater was insane. People were ordering plates of food...but it was not like Alamo Drafthouse where waiters come and take your order, and instead, you had to wait in a huge line just to order your food and then go back to pick it up when it's ready. I don't think we'd ever plan to order dinner there. Austin has spoiled me with Alamo Drafthouse. Still, I'm glad Midland has another theater, and I would be excited to experience Cingery again during a matinee or week night. 

Today, we ate breakfast with our friends Jill & Ryan and their sweet baby at The Egg and I in Odessa. It was most delicious. Then, we knocked out all of our grocery shopping for the week. I've also been productive working on writing and other projects this weekend, so all in all, it has been a success. 

We hope your weekend was a great one too! 
<3 S, B, L&Z 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...