A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Half a Year Married

Woo-hoo: today, the last day of winter break coincided with our six months of marriage anniversary. 

A few things I have learned in my half year of marriage (you don't have to read my rookie advice if you're just here to see what we made for dinner, scroll down): 1.) Begin and end every day with the words "I love you." Reaffirm sentiment throughout day, not because of what the person does for you but because of who he or she fundamentally is. 2.) Feel lucky that someone sticks by your side, even though you are sometimes kind of annoying. 3.) When you feel yourself being annoying, try to a.) stop or b.) alert your partner to your obnoxious state so you can make fun of it together. 4.) In the words of our Chaplain, Larry Todd, words can build and words can break: when it comes to your partner, compliment often and complain seldom. 5.) Fill your home with happy memories of the wedding day. You can never have enough photos of such a joyous occasion. 

Well, that's all I got for now, but maybe I'll have more to share in another six months. 

We have been on a Meyer lemon kick, as my aunt Annette gave us a dozen of them. Last night, Brendan made lemon tofu and green beans for dinner, followed by chocolate moose with lemon cardamom yogurt sauce for dessert:

2 lemons down, 10 to go.
Tonight I made both the Meyer Lemon Fettuccine and the Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette recipes from this blog (my salad had strawberries, Maytag bleu cheese, and almond slivers). We served it all with sparkling wine from McPherson cellars.

4 lemons down, 8 to go.
I have plans to make Meyer lemon pie in the immediate future; yum! 

In other news, my parents bought Lola and Zoe this fancy water dish, among other things, for Christmas. This momentous occasion is enough to warrant the first video ever posted on Lola and Zoe the blog. Please ignore my "everything my cats do is adorable" voice. 


video

We will now return to our normally scheduled programming of Lord of the Rings marathon. Wish us luck as we return to work tomorrow for the first time after 24 days off. Happy end of the weekend everyone! 

<3 S, B, L&Z 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...