A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Saving Money, Spending Lemons

Yesterday, I did some online shopping, but today, I was kind of distressed to see that the store put on an even better sale, one that would have saved me lots of money. I called customer service, and they happily applied the sale price to my order. Total savings: $70.00. I'm not kidding! So, now you know. Want a price adjustment? Just ask for it.

I was happy to hang on to my money, but what I needed to use was my meyer lemons! 

Brendan made this incredible dinner, for which, I can take no credit. 


I made him PROMISE he would send me the recipe, so I can upload it to the blog. I made meyer lemon pie using this easy, easy recipe for dessert.  


Brendan helped me make my own whipped cream topping. 


That pie was SO good. But I still have so many lemons. So what to do? When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! 


I halved this recipe. Delicious. Brendan had to make me stop drinking it (which was smart, there is a LOT of sugar in there). The beautiful pitcher was a wedding gift from our friend Nancy. Only a few more lemons to go. What will we think of next?? 

It's pretty easy to deal when life hands you lemons...we'll see how I fare when life hands me a Monday. 

Happy evening. 

<3 S, B, L&Z 

PS--Downton Abbey is back! Are you watching? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...