A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, February 14, 2014

First Married Valentine's Day

Awwww, this year marks our first married Valentine's Day! Seems hard to believe that its been a year since we were engaged and anxiously awaiting the wedding.

We celebrated by cooking together. Brendan made dinner, and I made dessert. On our "menu"...

Orange Balsamic Glazed Tofu and Brussel Sprouts:


Orange Beet Root Soup with Creme Fraiche and Cilantro: 


Kumquat and Mixed Greens Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing: 


We served it all with a bottle of Pinot Grigio from Casa Vino (from our wedding gift wine club subscription from my friend Jen!) It was all delicious!


Brendan picked up red roses for me:


and after dinner, we exchanged cards and gifts: 


We both made homemade cards this year!

Here's Brendan's to me:


Um, he's adorable. I got him his normal fancy sweaters. They were super soft! One is red and one is lilac. Brendan says he's cool with wearing purple. (Now that I got him sweaters, the forecast calls for all days in the 70s/80s...go figure!)


Brendan surprised me with a 6-month box subscription:


My first box ships on Tuesday, and I can't wait! We ordered this for my friend, Erica, for Christmas, and she loves it, so I'm excited to see the goodies in store for me. Review coming soon!


We will soon enjoy my French Silk Chocolate Pie (only we did homemade whipped cream and used store bought chocolate crust). The recipe was pretty easy!


I leave you with this adorable Valentine's day song. I wish all meetings I ever had included this!


Happy LOVE day!

<3





P.S.
Stumbled across this today...taken about five minutes after we were married. :) Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...