A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, February 22, 2014

My First Birchbox! February 2014 Review

Yay! My first Birchbox came today.

Brendan got me a 6 month subscription for Valentine's day, and I was so excited for my first box to arrive.

For those of you that don't know about Birchbox, it works like this: You pay $10 a month for a subscription (you can buy subscriptions of 3, 6, or 12 months--the 12 month subscription comes with one free box). Every month, you get a box with 4-5 beauty samples tailored to an online profile that you fill out about your skin type, hair, coloring, and interests. You can review the samples in your box and earn 40 points...every 10 points is worth $1. You also earn points for buying full size products from Birchbox (1 point for every dollar spent) and referring friends (50 points for each friend referred). So, if you review your products, you "earn back" $4 from each box.

Here's what I thought about my first Birchbox:

It was like getting a little present in the mail!


 The box comes with a card that tells you about all of your products (including the cost of the full size versions, which you can buy on Birchbox's website).


This month my box had the following: Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle spray (I was so excited because I've actually been longing for a good detangle spray), INIKA organic eyeliner in Green Lagoon (I used it tonight and LOVE it), Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy perfume (Also used it tonight), Mox Botanicals Bath Milk (just enough for one bath, so I'm saving it!), and three Ahmad Tea London tea bags.


I was really happy to find that my eyeliner looked to be a full size pencil. It even had a sharpener on the end of the pencil, which I thought was cool. I think I can get many uses out of the hair detangle spray as well! 

Though I would never buy green eyeliner for myself, I thought it looked really good. It was also easy to use, and I liked that it is an organic mineral based product (especially since I was putting it near my eyeballs!) Here's my eyeliner selfie...also, the pictures of my "new hair" cut/color (which, honestly, looks basically the same). 




I can't wait to try out more of the products from my Birchbox! And I'm psyched for my next 5 boxes as well. 

Have you tried Birchbox? What did you get? 

If you want to sign up for Birchbox, my referral link is here

Happy weekend all! 

<3 

1 comment:

  1. I love Birchbox! It's rare that I there are things in the box I don't use. It's also great for cluing me into brands that I otherwise wouldn't know about. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...