A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Prep it Up

Tomorrow, we head into week seven of the semester, and it's sure to be another busy one (February has been killer for us, anyone else?!)

I took the liberty of using today to "prep" for next week. First, we took a trip to the grocery store to pick up the necessaries to get us through the work week. We spend so much money on groceries it seems like, but we eat almost every meal at home.

Next, I came home and prepared tonight's dinner (Stuffed Peppers), which is currently in the crockpot. I also made Tuesday night's dinner and then put it in the fridge. I then prepared a rough "plan" for dinners this week:

Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Fennel, Tomato, and Potato Ragout
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: BBQ Tofu, Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Green Beans
Friday: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic, Parsley, and Lemon

That's the rough plan! After that, I planned ahead for breakfasts and snacks this week (lunch is always a grab and go frozen meal or leftovers, so that's easy).

Breakfast options for this week include: English Muffin with PB&J, Berry and Banana Smoothie, grapefruit with cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs (which I will prep tonight), or oatmeal with strawberries and raspberries. I mentioned previously that I've been working to avoid the dreaded "eat this granola bar in my car on the way to work" breakfast plan, and I think I've only succumbed to it a couple of times in the last two weeks.

Snack options for this week include: banana, granola bar (acceptable for a snack, NOT as breakfast), apple, almonds, or carrots with laughing cow cheese, apple with peanut butter, 94% fat free kettle corn, greek yogurt or cottage cheese with raspberries and strawberries, fresh tomatoes, or a cucumber in my favorite red wine vinegar. I also like smoothies or hard boiled eggs as snacks too.

My pants have been tight lately, and I'm not fond of it. Prepping ahead helps me stick to healthy eating patterns in a tremendous way. I like to decide on what I'm bringing to work the night before and bag it, so it is ready to go in the morning. I need to eat something basically every two hours (seriously), so packing enough to keep me full is also important.

What do you eat for your meals and snacks, and do you also plan and prep ahead?

Here's to whatever makes life easier...if I have time, I may even fold the laundry. Maybe.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...