A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekends Are For...

Going Out: We ate dinner at our favorite restaurant here, Thai house, and caught the opening night of Mary Poppins at Midland Community Theater on Friday. Very cute and a great cast! Special thanks to our friend Jenni for the complimentary drinks...we needed that after Friday's ER visit.

Sleeping in past 9:00am both mornings: (feels SO good! Enough said.)

Writing for fun: Not as much as I would have liked, but I got a few pages in (plan: catch up this week).

Reading for fun: I'm re-reading an old favorite, Catcher in the Rye. I haven't read it in 10 years, and I'm seeing it from a whole new perspective this time around (10 years after my first reading).

Renting movies: We watched Don Jon last night (a funny exploration of character...I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars) and rented Blue Jasmine for tonight.

Cooking new recipes:
These are both from the vegetarian section of the cookbook Take One Pot, which my mom got us for Christmas. The first was tonight's dinner: Hollowed Squash with Lentils, Zucchini & Blue Cheese. The second one was last night's dinner: Goat Cheese and Scallion Fettuccine. I also prepped a crock pot meal from Smitten Kitchen for tomorrow night's dinner. Woo-hoo!



Catching up on laundry: 3 loads, washed, dried, folded (okay, uhhhh, left that last load in the dryer, whatever).

Grocery shopping: Always a pain, but important! My goal for next week: stop eating granola bars in my car on the way to work and calling it "breakfast." It's frantic, unsatisfying, and not very filling! Instead: Grapefruit and cottage cheese, English muffin with jam or peanut butter, or a smoothie should all be suitable options.

Lots of cuddle time! With Brendan, Lola & Zoe

Cleaning up: Um, a little, but mostly just cuddle time with Brendan, Lola & Zoe. Duh.

What are your weekends for?

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...