A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, April 21, 2014

Birchbox April 2014 Review

My Birchbox came on Thursday, and it was the perfect kickoff for my staycation.

The theme of this month's box was "rainy days." When the box came, I thought to myself rainy days, I wish, but it did rain on Saturday night, and the desert got some much needed moisture!

Inside this month's box was...


Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo

I LOVE this shampoo. It has a great smell and makes my hair feel super soft and clean. I plan to buy the full size for $9.50 when my sample runs out. I purchased two full size products from the Birchbox shop (that I discovered in previous boxes) and had a good experience. Using Birchbox points and a discount, I got 50% off my products + free shipping.

Up next was the Camille Beckman Body Butter--Morelia Monarch Scent 

This body butter was nice, but I felt my sample was far too small to get a good feel for it. The full size is $15.00, so I'll probably just stick with my body shop body butter, which I'm happy with and is a better price (body shop has great sales).

Next was the Color Club Gala's Gems Collection in "Breakfast at..." 

I had fun painting my fingers and toenails in this on Saturday, and I like the color. However, the polish is a little clumpy, which makes it harder to use than O.P.I brand.


Next, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel 

This is one of those products I didn't even know existed, and I was very skeptical. Basically, the idea is you use this brow gel in the direction that your eyebrows grow and it keeps them "in place." Is this even an issue I wondered? However, I used this and thought it did make a difference, especially because my right eyebrow has a cowlick in it and the hairs grow strangely. Still, I would never pay $22.00 for the full size, so I'm glad my sample was generous.

My "lifestyle extra" this month was a KIND Healthy Grain Bar Maple Seeds with Sea Salt

I haven't eaten it yet, but I've had KIND bars before, so I know I'll like it. I don't really like getting food in my Birchbox, but at least it is healthy food.

My bright idea for a rainy day tip directed me to some online yoga videos. I'll probably try one out.

Do you get Birchbox? What was in your box?
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...