A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, April 14, 2014

Recipes Worth Following

Just thought I'd pop in and share what we cooked for dinner last night because it was very good! We made this recipe, but we didn't have feta cheese on hand, so we used Parmesan. It was honestly very delicious and healthy too! We made a few other tweaks, like using 1 bunch of Swiss chard (as called for) and 1 bunch of beet greens (as we didn't have 2 bunches of chard available). Here is the result:


Another nice thing about this recipe is we have another 2 servings leftover. We can add a fresh egg and bake those servings for dinner later this week. 

We also followed this recipe for roasting beets...I wish we had bought two bunches at the farmer's market. They were unbeatable! (get it?) Fun fact: I never ate beets before dating Brendan, but they've been a staple in my diet for the last 3.5 years. 

We also watched the movie August: Osage County last night. We were fortunate enough to see the Zach Scott production of this in 2011...it definitely makes a better play than movie (or maybe that's because I saw the most talented cast), but if you don't have the opportunity to see the play, the movie still has some amazing moments that left both of us teary. 

In other news, I swooned when I saw these pink tulips at the store the other day, and I had to get them for Brendan. I think tulips are the quintessential spring flower. Seeing flowers on my kitchen table just puts me in such a good mood. 


I'm also looking forward to seeing friends tonight for our weekly yoga, dinner, and bad TV routine. Having something to look forward to on Mondays has made for a happier semester.

And speaking of the semester, we're in the teens now! Week 13 ends in a four day weekend (no school Friday or Monday for Easter), so that has me feeling optimistic. I'm relatively caught up on grading, and have a meeting to lead tomorrow. It's definitely a busy time, but it is also feeling manageable.

Here's to the Monday workday ending...get out there and do something fun this evening (though I recommend indoor fun for Midland--the air is dusty and pollen filled today).
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...