A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, April 28, 2014

Some Updates

The last several days have been exhausting, but I wanted to write some updates before heading to bed. 

We had a great visit from Michael Shewmaker, our friend and the visiting poet and judge for a poetry contest at school, last week. Michael gave a fantastic reading on Thursday evening and student poets also took the stage to share their work. It was a wonderful evening that cumulated in a reception for both the poetry awards and the student art show. I am always in awe of the students and their work. I want more time to peruse the gallery later. 

Michael Shewmaker 

Unfortunately, on Thursday evening, I also received news of a death in my family. On Saturday, I flew to Houston to be with family, and I just returned home this evening. 

Brendan stayed and covered my class today, and when I arrived home at 8:30, he had made us Mac and Cheese and Salad and bought me some pretty tulips. 


I am lucky to have such an awesome husband. 

The last thing is that our dear friend Amy's son, Graham, born in March of last year is having some very serious health issues, and we are sending lots of love and thoughts of wellness his way. The more positive vibes going to him the better, so please be thinking of baby Graham. 

I am looking forward to finishing the semester. This is the last week of classes, and final exams will be next week. We're almost there, but I sure am tired. My students this semester have been awesome...I'm glad to return to work tomorrow, but for now, it's time to rest. 

<3 
S and a glad to have me home B, L&Z 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...