A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, May 9, 2014

Finishing the School Year

Grades are submitted, our graduation regalia is ready to be donned tonight, and we're exhausted. It can all only mean one thing: the 2013-14 school year is complete.

It was a year of major developments and change: my first year as a full time faculty member at MC, our first year advising Sigma Kappa Delta English Honor Society together, Brendan's first year as the co-director of the Honor's Program, my first year as the Tutoring Coordinator of the writing center, Brendan's first year on the budget committee, my first time chairing a committee (the committee to build a Learning Skills Center), Brendan's first year organizing BOTH creative writing contests, and the year I won the Jerry Mills Professional Development Award and Brendan won Teacher of the Year from Fine Arts and Communications Division. It was a busy year, and a very good year, but I think it's safe to say we're both ready for a much needed break.

We will still have some projects going on this month: We'll both be teaching online spring interim courses that go from May 12--May 30, we'll be traveling to Houston together next week to do some LSC committee research by visiting some community college learning/academic success centers, and I have a big conference call with grant writers on May 22 to prepare for. I also want to finally make my office presentable (I know, it's about time, right?). May is a nice transition between the full on craziness of the semester and the carefree days of summer. Even though we stay pretty busy, it does feel like a huge rest and break to not have to be waking up early and getting out the door anymore.

We have a LOT to do in these last 3 weeks of being in Midland...

I'm looking forward to Austin, NYC, CT, of course EUROPE, and Maine, but for now, I'm all about just being here and being finished.

Here's to that!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...