A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 2014 Stitch Fix Review

I got my Stitch Fix today, and unlike my past boxes, I really need help deciding what to keep this time.

If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, please read my first ever review, which explains the concept in detail. If you want to give it a try yourself, you can sign up using this link, and I'd most certainly appreciate the referral credit.

My fix this time was SO MUCH BETTER than last time. My stylist was Suzanne, and I really appreciate that she stuck more to my price range than past fixes have, with all my items falling in the $34-$58 price range.

Up first was the Edmond Chevron Print Henley Shirt:


This shirt is super soft, and Brendan and I both think it looks cute. It would be a good shirt to travel with this summer, and it is also work appropriate with a pencil skirt for the fall. My gut instinct say "keep it."

Next was the Kahlo Embroidered Racerback Tank:


I had pinned this in black and yellow, a combination I think I prefer to blue and white, but blue is also nice. This is a size small, but as you can see, there is a lot of material to it and it is flowy. Brendan said he like it, but we both wondered does it look sort of maternity-ish? The back is racerback. Obviously, if I wore this out, I would use a bra strap converter.


Third, was the Ellington Raglan Striped Shirt:


I really liked this shirt because it is made of a sweatshirt like material. I think it would be good for traveling to wear with jeans or pulled over other clothes. My gut instinct says "keep it."

I'm more conflicted about the next item, the Addison Striped Cardigan. When I pulled it out of the box, I loved the color and material, but the shape of it is strange. I can't figure out, am I supposed to tie it?


Or just let it hang:


I'm not usually into the half or 3/4 sleeve look, but I noticed most of my pieces in this fix have unusual sleeve lengths, and I didn't particularly mind. These are things I probably would have never tried on in the store, but that is part of the fun of Stitch Fix.

My last piece was a maxi skirt, a style I would never try on my own:


Eh---I liked it better as a dress:


But I don't think the color looks good with my complexion.


My gut instinct says "send it back."

So, if you were me, what would you keep, and what would you send back? Help quickly please!

UPDATE: I kept the Chevron top #1 and the Raglan top #3. Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...