A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, June 20, 2014

Perfect Paris!

Our day of travel went very smoothly. Thanks to finding a closer bus stop near our hotel in saint contest, we did not have to drag our luggage much at all. 2 buses got us to the train station, and one subway ride and a 10 minute walk got us to our apartment. The apartment is lovely; we're on the east bank in a 5th floor walk up that is so cute and charming. Here is Brendan's and my room: 

We have a full kitchen, which means our first stop was the store. We were all longing to eat a meal at "home." Brendan cooked us pasta and homemade tomato sauce with mushrooms, fennel, garlic, and onion: 
Delicious! And a far more economical option than eating out. We had soft cheese for dessert. Tony and I did the dishes, and then we all went for a walk to see the arch of triumph and just see Paris.

 This is my first time. Bren was here 15 years ago; 2 years ago, Tony lived here for 6 months to learn French. I find this city to be so vibrant and beautiful. I like that it is smaller than NYC. The part I've seen so far is very clean, and the architecture is just stunning. I could stay a long while...wine and champagne are very cheap here, daylight lasts from the early hours of the morning until 10pm (over 16 hours). The weather is so nice too! Lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s. Tony said to expect rain but forecast is all sunny, and hopefully we'll get lucky! Tomorrow is an all day music festival that the city shuts down to celebrate. Everyone seems excited...we saw a parade of roller bladers dancing in the streets. 

Okay then! 
I do miss Lola and Zoe, but my parents assure me they are fine. Still, I miss snuggling them! Anyway, time for some rest here! 

<3 S, B, T 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...