A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, July 18, 2014

Eagle's Nest

Thursday, we left Munich and drove straight to the Eagle's Nest. The Eagle's Nest was a retreat built for Hitler as a 50th birthday gift from the party. He would use it for meetings to forward the Nazi agenda. It has been open as a museum since 1952. To get there, you take a twisty turny high in the sky bus ride, and then you ride an elevator 124 stories. The views are beautiful, but the elevator (which is the same one used back then) and the building have a creepy vibe. Earlier in this trip, we were in a Nazi bunker, and I had to leave, I felt so much negative energy. 

This is, undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. While
I felt angry thinking of the injustices that were planned and ordered here, I also felt that it was positive that not everything beautiful was ruined. The Eagles nest has a new purpose now, and the world continues to heal. 

You can't help but feel happy and alive up here. 










After the Eagles nest, we drove into Austria. We're in Salzburg for 3 nights. 



I'm in love with Austria. 
I've been eating lots of this Mac and cheese type dish and gnocchi. Pasta galore! 
We did laundry load number 6 today (47 days on the road, not bad). I am sleeping in my 19th bed of the trip.
 I am missing my cats like crazy, especially when I saw a missing cat poster with a picture that looked identical to Lola. 
My favorite movie, The Sound of Music, was in part filmed here! 
And I've been singing it...a lot! 
<3 S&B 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...