A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Stay

Ahhh, do you hear that? It's the sound of our perfectly relaxed long weekend.

Brendan and I debated, briefly, over whether or not to go camping this Labor Day like we did last year. Ultimately, we decided we were tired from our ten weeks of travel this summer and just needed some time at home, and it was a good decision.

Friday after work, we went out to lunch and then back to school for a workout (my 4th of the week!). We came home to a sparkling clean apartment, as the cleaning service had come for the first time since we returned to Midland, and that was very nice. I love the feeling of a clean place! Brendan made us a delicious and spicy curry, and we watched Shark Tank and more of The Tudors on Netflix.


Saturday, we went to the farmers market and found lots of good stuff, including tomatoes! We ate breakfast at a place we've never been to before called Casa Lopez Cafe. I had migas and Brendan had asado. We both felt like the restaurant was good, not the best breakfast spot in town, but definitely somewhere we'd return. Afterwards, we dropped off some things at Goodwill. We've been trying to slowly part with what we know we won't need at the new house. No reason to pack it and move it, and we're definitely pro others getting some use out things. We also checked on the house on Saturday...I can't wait to share photos with you guys next Saturday, which will officially mark the 5th month since we purchased our lot. Now things are really starting to come together. It's pretty exciting!

Saturday night, we met this cutie for the first time:


Miss Violet was born on June 5th and is the daughter of friends Dagan and Stephanie, who married just a few weeks after us. It was so fun to finally meet their newest edition. We made dinner and visited and just enjoyed being low key. 

Yesterday, I made this excellent dinner. I used the leftovers from three bags of pasta we had sitting around. Then I made a sauce using some of the heirloom tomatoes and the basil from the farmer's market. I topped the pasta with farmer's market goat cheese and the sauce, and a beautiful dinner was the result! 


We caught Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Guardians of the Galaxy at the drive in last night. The first, I really cannot recommend, despite being a fan of the cartoon as a child. The latter was a much better summer blockbuster. As always, I enjoyed the atmosphere of the drive in, and I ate way too many sour gummi worms (they are my Achilles heel to an otherwise healthy diet!)


Today, I got lunch and drinks with friends from work, and other than that, I just stayed in. It is way too hot outside for my September standards (104 right now). I am desperate for some cooler fall temperatures, but Brendan reminds me that I'll have to wait an entire month for that.

We hope your Labor Day was just what you needed, whatever you did!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...