A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Middle of the Week Happy

Greetings from the end of the Wednesday work day.

Despite being blue on Sunday (probably due, for the most part, to the rainy weather), this week has given me a lot to smile about:

I've been hugely productive at work and have done tons of grading and even some grant writing. When I think of my favorite places to be, the classroom tops the list. I like spending my time and energy teaching everything from grammar to composition to literature, and I love being with the students. For the most part, work is challenging but very rewarding. I'm really focusing on how much there is to be thankful for this week.

On Monday afternoon, Brendan and I tried Your Way Yogurt, which was both delicious and affordable. We will be back!

Last night, I took a break from working out and made this delicious Santa Fe soup. We made it quite spicy, but it was still delightful. I also really, really enjoyed my break from the gym. I can usually tell the difference between when workouts will make me feel better after or just burned out, and I definitely follow my instincts. Sometimes a good break is just what is needed! I was so happy just curling up on the couch and watching some Parenthood on Netflix.


This week, I have been able to see or will see a lot of my friends, so that always puts me in a good mood. 

Also, I get to go to yoga four times this week! I love National Yoga Month! 

And finally, while Thursdays usually end up being meeting days, this one is free, so I can have a much appreciated work from home day tomorrow.

What are you smiling about this week? We hope there's a lot! 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...