A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Time Flies

This past week month has been super busy, and I'm not sure where it's going. After finishing week four of the semester on Friday, I felt minor panic at the thought that my flex class was halfway over. Lately, it hasn't been easy to find time for laundry, cooking, and grocery shopping, but we're taking it one day at a time. I'm trying to just live in each day and actively not think about all the things that are coming up (a lot of travel and meetings). 

I have managed to keep my workouts up. Monday and Wednesday, I did hour long yoga classes, Tuesday and Friday, I did hour long strength training sessions (Using New Rules of Lifting for Life), and yesterday, I ran/walked a very slow 5K on the treadmill. Speaking of 5K, we're committed to running our fourth this November in Face the Race, supporting a self-esteem building program of the same name for local junior high school girls. It's nice to have something to work towards, even if it is hard getting back into it. I've been pretty exhausted lately, but I'm hoping that once my body adjusts to the workouts, I'll have more energy again. RIGHT?! 

Midland has had TONS OF RAIN this week and lots of flash flooding. This is nothing like our usual Septembers, but we can't complain, since we really need the water. 

On Friday, I got a text from my mother-in-law with this super awesome photo. My father-in-law painted it. I feel like a real Egan now, since I officially have a portrait in the Egan house. 


We had a good weekend: dinner out on Friday night, Farmer's market, breakfast out, and checking on the house yesterday morning, gym in the afternoon, and cooking and dinner with friends last night. Today is mostly a lazy day, but I'm forcing myself to make a trek to the grocery store. At least I have coffee with a friend to look forward to, and maybe I can convince Brendan to finish watching Ghostbusters on Netflix tonight. 

Have a good Sunday Funday everyone! And let me know if you think of anyway to slow down time justttt a little. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...