A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, October 6, 2014

Another Weekend Gone

This weekend went by in a flash! We were super exhausted and didn't really do much. On Friday night, we made dinner and watched Europa Report on Netflix. We both really liked this Sci-fi/Thriller and would recommend it to anyone.

Saturday, we skipped the farmer's market to sleep in, and Brendan made us amazing omelets. This omelet featured both basil and rosemary from our friend's garden plus bell peppers, onion, and cheese. Who would have thought that rosemary would taste so amazing in an omelet? Now you know!


Also on Saturday, I squeezed in my fifth workout of the week (I'm proud!) by running a treadmill 5K. I'm back up to my slowest ever speed, which tells you a lot about how fast not running will deteriorate one's endurance. But, the good news is, I'm only four minutes away from my fastest time, which I hope to beat in six weeks. Brendan has offered to run with me to help me pace. I see no more walking breaks in my future. On the bright side, I made a running playlist of some awesome tunes, which helped my run feel faster and a bit less painful. On my playlist: Duran Duran, The Dresden Dolls, Cee Lo Green, David Bowie, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell Williams, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Imagine Dragons, and Charli XCX.


Saturday night, Brendan suggested seeing Gone Girl, but regrettably, my energy was long gone. He made us an old favorite, and we watched The Double on Netflix instead. I fell asleep before the movie was over. It wasn't a bad movie, but it was depressing. We are planning to see Gone Girl next weekend, as everyone, including both of our moms, has already been! 



Sunday morning, we slept in until 10:30, and it was blissful! When I woke up, I wanted pancakes, so that is what I got.

Oh YUM!
The rest of the day was dedicated to laundry, grocery shopping, and watching football.

I love having a full fridge! 
On Sunday night, I made the most amazing soup from this month's issue of Food Network Magazine. I only half followed the recipe though, and, in making the dish vegetarian, I also made it more of a pasta dish. It was delicious though.


In other news, I received Magic Bands for my trip to Orlando, FL this month. My mom is meeting me there, so we can go to some theme parks when I'm not tied up at my conference. We are staying at a Disney Resort, and this band serves as room key, park ticket, and credit card, so we don't need to carry anything with us during the day. It also stores digital Fast-passes for the rides, which you can reserve in advance on your mobile phone. I'm totally excited about my Magic Band! I even got to pick the color.



Bring on Disney World in 23 days! Until then, bring on another productive week and beautiful weekend!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...