A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 2014 Stitch Fix Review: The Best One Yet!

I was so excited to get home from work today and open my fifth ever Stitch Fix! For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about, Stitch Fix is a styling service for women. Check out my initial review of my first fix here. I've had mixed "luck" with my past fixes. Each month, five items are sent.
In February, I kept two items, in March, I kept two items, in April, I kept zero items, and in May, I kept two items. I took a break from June to November from getting fixes, and in that time, Stitch Fix has clearly made some BIG improvements to their services. For one, they ask more detailed sizing questions, and for two, they keep a record of your notes to your stylist and even give you a chance to revise your requests before your stylist puts together your box. I think these additions led to a better fix.

Here is this month's note to my stylist:

I really would like some colored jeans. The same brand and fit that I received in my March box would be lovely. I'd like colorful sweaters and cardigans. I want all winter clothes. Please NO jewelry or accessories and JUST clothes. Thank you :)

I always make sure to specify the no accessories part, because they do carry bags, jewelry, scarves, etc.. I've never had problems finding accessories, and my mother-in-law owns a shop where she sells amazing jewelry, so for me, the focus is all on clothes. I like that Stitch Fix is customizable.

So, without further ado, here's my fix:
Side note: asking for all winter clothes leads to the heaviest stitch fix package ever.


Up first was the Dita Colorblock Sleeveless Ponte Dress.


Oh how I love this dress! Let me count the ways: 1.) It is surprisingly thick and warm, 2.) It is obviously of high quality, 3.) It is flattering, 4.) It is conservative enough to wear to work, and 5.) I don't own anything quite like this. #1 was a keeper for sure!

Up next, the Adora Ankle Length Skinny Jean and the Genie Colorblock & Striped Sweater.


My stylist left me a note that there were no petite colored jeans right now, so she was sending me dark grey. That was actually fine by me. I have light grey jeans, but no dark grey ones. At first, when I saw the jeans were a size 27 and not my normal 28, I was really disappointed. I thought they wouldn't fit, and these jeans are basically the reason that I ordered a fix. But, to my great happiness, the jeans fit PERFECTLY. Not only that, but they are amazingly comfortable. As a child, I refused to wear jeans. I bought my first pair in the fifth grade when I had to wear them for a play. I remember hating them the entire time. Needless to say, as an adult, I am so picky about jeans, and I hate shopping for them. To have jeans sent to my door that fit like a charm and are comfortable is worth so much to me. #2 item was a Stitch Fix win!


About that sweater though...it is expensive ($68) and really just doesn't "wow" me enough to justify that price. It is comfortable, but I think item #3 will be a return for me.

Oh well, I was 2 out of 3, so on to #4, the Armando Geo Knit Sweater:


Out of the box, I was worried this was going to be very boxy and unflattering. Even after putting it on, I thought, well this is either the best sweater or the worst, and I'm not sure which! But honestly, I think I really like it. Though I'm normally not a fan of 3/4 quarter sleeves, I like them here. Plus, the sweater is right for the price ($34). I can see myself wearing it for fun or teaching, so I think it will get a lot of use and be a good value. #4 is a keep!

Onto the last item, the Layla Twin Stripe & Elbow Patch Cardigan:


Stitch Fix kind of has an obsession with these oversized cardigans, and I think I'm going to have to request to nix them all from my future fixes. Being short, I feel these long cardigans drown me out. This was super cozy though...if only I could justify the price just to wear it as a house robe! 


But alas, I'm not buying a $48 house robe. So #5 will be a return.

The one "bummer" here is that the two items I do not want are valued at $116, but there is a 25% discount on everything if you keep all five items, which means the difference in keeping or not keeping the two things I don't want is only $42. Does anyone want a long cardigan (S) and a fuzzy sweater (M) for their 25% off prices ($87 for both)...speak soon; I have to check out with Stitch Fix shortly!

Anyway, now that I've selected my items, I will fill out a survey with my opinions, which will help my stylist in the future (can I keep Angela?!), pay for my items, and return the items that I don't want for free in the pre-paid envelope.

Do you want new clothes without the hassle of actually shopping for them? Try Stitch Fix through my referral link, and I will earn a $25 credit towards the purchase of future fixes. Thank you in advance!

Do you think my choices were spot on? If you were in my shoes, what would you keep, and what would you return?

Tell us in the comments!

<3




1 comment:

  1. Hm. Like you, I'm not crazy about the long cardigan or the striped sweater. If it were me, I'd send those back. You'd lose that discount, but you'd also save that $42 dollars.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...