A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, December 20, 2014

The First Week of Winter Break

A break from work has been much needed and much appreciated. Since a whole week has gone by, here is a bullet list of the things that have happened so far:
  • As usual, I have my winter break sickness: a sinus headache Sunday turned into a sore throat Monday and progressed to a cold on Wednesday. I'm still stuck with it. Yuck! 
  • We saw a musical production of A Christmas Story in Midland. It was pretty cute! 
  • I watched all of season three of American Horror Story: Coven. I also watched Indecent Proposal and Basic Instinct. Don't ask why. Brendan played a lot of computer games. Safe to say, we needed a break from productivity. 
  • I finished out the fall session of my yoga class. I'm getting pretty darn good at forearm stand and hand stand, and even making progress in the dreaded head stand. My forte is still the hollow back. I like tree pose and all the warrior poses. 
  • We drove with Lola and Zoe to Austin on Thursday. That same day, our new house got a driveway and sidewalk. 
  • Lola and Zoe took a trip to the vet yesterday for a rabies vaccination. They did not enjoy it. I did not enjoy the bill we received for afterwards! They were angelic last night and slept at the foot of our bed...I swear, they are different cats in Austin! 
  • We hosted the annual Austin Christmas party early this year, and it was a big success. We had twenty people here last night, a BBQ dinner, and way too many desserts. Brendan spent most of the day yesterday making a trifle, which everyone loved. We were up with company until one in the morning. 
  • Our tiny tree is overloaded with presents, and it's quite a sight! 
  • I got my hair done today, and we also finished our Christmas shopping today. Woo-hoo! 
  • I won my first every game of ticket to ride by six points! I feel so fulfilled. 
  • Tonight, I see Corley and Cole, tomorrow is fake Christmas (early Christmas with my family) and my 10 year reunion (part 2), and the countdown to Connecticut is at two days. There is so much to look forward to. 




Brendan's trifle

Angelic (for once) cats
New hair and ticket to ride victory! 
New driveway
Too many presents? 
We need prayers for Brendan's grandfather who is in the hospital and my aunt Sally who is recovering from surgery. 

Happy winter! We hope you're already winter breaking! 
<3 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...