A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Other Half Goes to Spring Training

My 2015 blogging efforts have been lacking due to the busyness of the move + the lack of internet at our new home, but I wanted to check in from spring break. We spent the first four days in Midland, and then we came to Austin on Wednesday. Brendan left via plane very early on Thursday morning for Red Sox spring training in Fort Myers, FL with his Dad and grandparents, and I stayed here to visit with family and friends. 

Here is a very important Red Sox. I'm not sure which one, but I'm assuming he's kind of a big deal because it's the one photo that Brendan sent so far. Come to think of it, I thought the Red Sox wear navy, so maybe this isn't a Red Sox at all! Maybe this is just a picture of a field. Who knows.


This person might be important. 
What I do know is that I got my hair highlighted and cut: 


Also, I did the following Austin activities: 

Brunch with my friend Kelsey
An eye exam (my vision is slightly worse, necessitating new contacts and glasses)
Shopping at Buffalo Exchange
Battling 1 hour and 20 minutes of SXSW traffic (Ugh, it was so bad)

Dinner, drinks, and the Hyde Park Theatre play The Christians with my friend Cassie. It was a tragedy with some comedic moments and very moving. This show leaves you feeling raw and on the edge; I would strongly suggest a drink after seeing it. It stars HPT favorites Katherine Catmull and Ken Webster (husband and wife playing husband and wife), Tom Green and Joey Hood. Plus, it was the first time I saw Jessica Hughes, and she had one of the best scenes in the show and played it perfectly. All five actors get a stand out moment, which makes this ensemble piece spectacular. If you live in Austin, do yourself a favor and see this show which plays Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays until March 28th. Thursdays are pay what you can, which is always a good tip. 

Today, I had breakfast at Trudy's with my parents and then Amanda and I went to the steeping room and walked around the domain. It is a beautiful day out...

Now, if only I didn't have all these midterms to grade. 

I better get back to it. 
<3 S
Missing my other half B and our cats L&Z! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...