A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Greetings From the Backyard

Ahhh, this is SO MUCH better than writing greetings from Starbucks. Yesterday was hot, but today is a "cool" 85 degrees, and I'm really enjoying sitting outside with my computer.

How am I doing on my internet rules? Better, but not perfect! I have completely cut my usage at night and focused on reading and just having downtime. I'm working on resisting the urge to scroll through Facebook as much. I joined Twitter to see what all the fuss is about...but so far, I don't get it. I tweet but nothing happens. There's no interaction. What is going on? I've already managed to lose one "follower." Was I that bad at tweeting? Enlighten me, please.

The internet has also managed to bring Brendan some great joy. He purchased a year long subscription to the Major League Baseball channel through Apple TV, and now he can watch his Red Sox games on demand. This had made for one happy Red Sox fan! We hear we can do the same for HBO Go now. The Apple TV was a Christmas gift from my dad, and we are really liking it. We don't subscribe to cable (and haven't since we moved here in 2011), so Apple TV opens a nice entertainment option for us.

We've been on a farmer's market inspired food kick since the Midland Farmer's Market is back in action on Saturday mornings. Our finds on Saturday included: beets, radishes, cauliflower, rainbow chard, BBQ sauce, raspberry/cherry tart jam, and homemade bread. It wasn't our best haul ever, but it was pretty good for April.

We made BBQ Tofu with beets and beet greens (bottom photo) and Brendan made the barley with greens and radishes (top photo). For tonight's dinner, I have this in the crockpot...only I added some swiss chard. I love lentils, and I'm looking forward to a healthy after yoga dinner.


Speaking of healthy, I am wanting to make changes to my fitness routine. By change, I simply mean working out more than twice a week. I'm planning to add some more group classes to my life because I'm most motivated when I work out with others. Sure, I can trudge through workout sessions on my own, but it doesn't bring me the same joy. I will check back in with updates on my progress.

In crazy crazy news, there is officially ONE month of the Spring 2015 semester left. I'm trying to not let my students sense my panic at how much we have left to cover! For the most part, they are doing great, and it works to my benefit to keep them focused on only what is right in front of them. One thing at a time.

Today, my mom texted me and told me she found a creative writing principal's award that I won in 1996. I mentioned this to my class and one student said "That's the year I was born." Oh goodness. This combined with my lack of understanding of Twitter makes me feel I really may be getting old.

But you know what? I'm liking it! Happy Wednesday to all!
<3






PS- There is an ice cream truck that frequents our street at this time. Isn't that zany?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...