A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, May 2, 2015

As of Late...

I really don't know what to tell you all, other than we now own this amazing painting by the brilliant Michael Hubbard. This is David Bowie as he appeared in the Labyrinth with Lola and Zoe. People keep asking us how we got so lucky, and the answer is I don't know. Michael and his wife Jennifer are good friends to us, and there is little that could make us happier.



A few things that also made me happy:


I met this dinosaur at the children's museum at the Museum of the Southwest. Immediately, I had dreams of hosting my next birthday at the children's museum. 





On Wednesday, Brendan and I found a big box of thank you notes from the student group we advise. It made me very emotional to read their letters. They are sweet to let us know we are appreciated. It really meant a lot.

Also on Wednesday, my friend Kristen treated me to dinner out since I had had a rough start to my week with a traffic ticket. Defensive driving is in my future, and I'm not thrilled. Kristen made me feel better though. She reminds me not to be so hard on myself!

On Monday, Brendan treated me to fro-yo and a dinner he made to make me feel better:



So despite the stress of grading, making it through the last week of teaching, my sickness due to allergies (sore throat, yuck), and the house repairs we had to have done this past week, it was still a pretty good week. 

With finals week coming up, we're feeling sort of like this: 


But this too shall pass, right?
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...