A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Summer Day Dates

Greetings and happy hump day!

These days, the days of the week mean less to us as we've transitioned into our summertime schedules. We try to maintain some normalcy, but it usually very quickly reverts to us staying up late and sleeping in daily. I couldn't fall asleep before 1:30am last night, though I really tried, and I slept until 10:00am. We've had rainy and cool weather lately, and I've just been loving it. Looks like it is going to start heating up though. 90 degrees here we come!

Right now, our main occupation is teaching online three week interim courses. The courses started on Monday and will actually be over on Friday, May 29th, so it is actually a little faster than three weeks, which means it is a lot of work for the students (and pretty intense for us too). This interim, I only have nine students, so it has been very manageable so far, but my students are all night owls. Only one person has completed today's assignment, and it is already 5:00pm! Guess I'm staying up until 1:30am anyway...

To stay occupied during the day, I've continued my workouts (either a yoga or barre class daily), and we've been taking day excursions. Yesterday, we went to an antique store. We didn't find what we were looking for (a table for our entryway or a corner bookcase--though there were a few we are thinking about), but we did find some records (Elton John, Talking Heads, and some blues music) and glass measuring cups (I broke our old one making breakfast one morning when we first moved in). For lunch, we ate at Graham's Pharmacy. It was my second time eating there and Brendan's first. The first time I went, I ordered the spicy pimento cheese sandwich, which was great. This time, I ordered a baked potato, which was actually a microwaved potato. Steer clear...I was dreaming of a KDs baked potato and this wasn't it! Brendan liked his grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Today, we drove out to Odessa because it was the only movie theater we could find that was playing Ex Machina. We loved the movie, so it was definitely worth the trip. We wanted to eat at Odessa Donut, which apparently is a place that also makes pho and Cambodian food. Though they were supposed to be open, it was closed when we arrived and no sign on the door or anything (this is a common and discouraging occurrence around here). Instead, I relied on Yelp and we found a sushi spot, Wokcano, where we shared a lunch special (3 rolls + a cup of soup) and an order of edamame for $19.00. It was good, and I would definitely eat there again. For those that have tried Osaka, I would say the food is a similar quality.

It has been a good start to summer and definitely an adjustment after our busy busy semester. I'm glad Brendan has been game for some fun outings. Now that I have this summer routine a little more down, I have a 9-5:30 workday tomorrow (training and a meeting), yoga 6:30-7:30, and we are hosting an end of year party for our honor society student group from 9-11:30pm. Go figure! Wish me luck. I feel tired just thinking about it.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...