A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Alaskan Cruise Part 1: Seattle, Tracy Arm, and Juneau

Brendan and I are having an amazing vacation with my family. We flew to Seattle with my parents on Saturday and spent a very low key day in Aurora. Brendan and I will be spending time in Seattle at the end of the trip, so more on that later. From Seattle, we boarded our ship Sunday afternoon, where we met up with Graham and Erynn. 



Boarding went very smoothly and we were in our three rooms in no time. Here is my and Brendan's room: 

We set sail about 3 hours after boarding 




After dinner, we went hot tubbing with Graham and Erynn. Speaking of dinner, the food on holland America is great...room service every morning and a four course dinner every night. I've been using the fitness center to balance out the eating! Yesterday, I even got a private spin class (as Graham observed: no one else seems to care about working out!)

Brendan and I on a formal night: 

Cruising views: 

We love to sit in the library, read, and take in the views! We have seen lots of whales!! 

Yesterday, we cruised Tracy Arm and saw sawyer glacier. Due to using the fitness center, I knew about an almost private viewing platform...we saw at least 100 seals with babies sunning on icebergs below: 






We ran over many icebergs but no titanic incidents ensued! 


Yesterday was beautiful. I'm so thankful for it! What an unbelievable world. 


We keep lucking out with window seats at dinner and it is light until 10:00pm


Today, we docked in Juneau. Brendan and I had plans for an AM hike to see mendenhall glacier. We are in the Tongass national forest. Alaska has rainforest, and its spectacular. 














We are now in Juneau's oldest bar (established 1913) recovering from our steep and rocky 4 mile trek. I did great! My Barre class obsession as of late paid off. 


Sitka, here we come! 
<3 s&b 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...