A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Oh home, there's no place quite like it!

I keep looking around at our house this week and feeling so lucky. No, it isn't decorated perfectly, we don't have every room furnished, and we aren't able to replace some old pieces just yet. But it's our home, and I feel so relaxed and happy here. Maybe, during the go-go-go mentality of the school year, I never truly had time to stop and appreciate it just as much. This week at home and on summer vacation has been really nice. Here's what we've been up to the past week:

Fitness
I am insane and picked a crazy and exhausting two week interval training plan for us to complete together (a full post on this to come). Needless to say, we have both been incredibly sore, but have powered through five of the workouts, and we are headed to the gym for number six later today. In addition, I did yoga class on both Monday and Wednesday. On Wednesday, I was the only student in class, so it turned into a private lesson. This was good, because we were able to stretch out the soreness in my arms and chest, but, of course, I had to work on my chaturanga (yoga push up), which was tiring after all the strength training! Still, it feels great to be back to working out.

Cooking
Brendan and I did a HUGE grocery store run last Friday, and we already ate all the food. We got up early today and went to the farmer's market (check out our heirloom tomatoes) to increase our stock. We also scored: peppers, onion, squash, kale, lettuce, chard, basil, and cucumbers. This week we made: Simply Light Basil Lime Stir Fry, Orecchiette pasta with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, arugula and "beyond meat chicken free strips," baked potato and salad night (a go to for when we are tired), Perfect Vegetarian Chili, and of course, two leftover nights. I plan to use the tomatoes in a delicious dish tonight.



Swimming
The pool in our subdivision opened while we were in Alaska. It's a nice option for cooling off when it gets above 90 degrees!



Reading/Writing/Working
I've been making my way through Lean In and am almost finished. Brendan has been writing and also reading The Hedgehog and the Fox and the Magister's Pox, and I have been restructuring one of my online literature courses. Of course, Lola and Zoe have been on our laps constantly (sometimes making it hard to do any of these things!)

Movies
Yesterday, we caught a matinee of Inside Out. It was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I cried, I laughed! You just have to go see it. We also watched Chef on Netflix (cute, but not life changing) and Hoop Dreams (a pretty darn good sports documentary). I am loving the comedian section of HBO Now and watched specials by Louis CK and Sarah Silverman last night.

Seeing Friends
We went to Dagan and Stephanie's house to watch the season finale of Game of Thrones on Sunday. All of us are so sad that it's over! Watching the show every Sunday and eating dinner is a tradition for us. On Tuesday, we went to trivia night with a big group of friends, and we also saw a lot of co-workers there. I guess trivia night is the happening place to be in Midland! Today, my friend Kristen and I went shopping. I had some birthday money from my mimi and picked up some summer clothes.

All in all, it was a great week. The only downside was that I caught a cold that showed up Wednesday morning, and then Brendan caught it too. The good news is, we already seem to be getting over it. We hope everyone has a great weekend.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...