A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sightseeing Seattle + A Home Update

After departing our Alaskan Cruise on Sunday morning, we took a taxi to Capitol Hill and waited in a coffee shop until our Air B&B rental in Seattle was ready.


The apartment was super cute, close to everything, and very affordable compared to hotels in the area. We rested and showered and got ready to meet my sorority sisters, Stephanie and Rita, for brunch at Skillet Diner. The brunch was incredible, but obviously my favorite part was seeing my friends. The both came to our wedding in Austin, but, after nearly two years, we really needed to catch up. I was able to meet Rita's boyfriend Hunter and hear all about Steph and Rita's jobs and Stephanie's progress towards finishing her Masters degree. It was a sunny and beautiful day, and Steph and I walked away with sunburns. Ouch!



After brunch, Stephanie showed us around Seattle. She also gave us a great recommendation for Seattle sushi, Umi!

After resting a few hours, we took an Uber to the Space Needle for a 9:30PM elevator ride up. Uber provides super cheap rides...this was my first time really using the service (besides a ride I took with a friend in NYC last summer), and I was impressed. The Space Needle views were incredible. This is one of my favorite things we did!






What a beautiful city! Getting down from the Space Needle required a long line (made longer by the fact that many people cut the line), so we just barely made our 11:00PM reservation at Umi Sake House, which was a 15 minute walk away. They do a late happy hour from 11:00pm-1:00am, so we ordered an ABSURD amount of delicious sushi. We really didn't realize how much we were actually getting! We closed down the restaurant and took another Uber home.

The next day, we took a 30 minute walk to Pike Place Market:


We allotted the entire day for exploring.

Of course, we stumbled upon the nasty gum wall:


We shared fish tacos for lunch and a crepe for dessert. 

After a long time exploring, we walked to the Chihuly Glass Museum. The admission was an expensive $25.00 per person, but the museum was joyful and the art beautiful. 






Afterwards, we walked back to Pike Place Market (the two locations are about 20 minutes apart) and enjoyed cold Ginger Beers at Rachel's Ginger Beer.


We then bought cheese at Beecher's, plus baguettes, macaroons, and fruit in the market, and headed back to our apartment to enjoy it with some wine.

Tuesday morning, we took an Uber to the airport and flew back to Austin. We arrived that night and then spent Wednesday in Austin. We met Amanda for Kerbey Lane tomato pie:


Imagine something great, now triple it. It's amazing.

My parents wanted me to clean out my childhood closet, and take my wedding dress to my own house, so our car returning to Midland on Thursday looked like this:



Good thing Lola and Zoe weren't with us! They were REALLY happy to see us though. Our petsitter kept them good company, but I think they missed us.

Thursday night, we met up with Kirsten and Alex for Jurassic World (I couldn't wait). It was fun, but not as good as the original.

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping, made an old favorite for dinner, worked in the backyard, and Brendan made us frozen margaritas. We also watched Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck. I was only eight years old when Kurt Cobain took his life, so I really can't comment on the movie from the perspective of someone that was aware during the height of Nirvana mania. I found the movie interesting, but in light of the controversy that surrounds it, I'm taking it with a grain of salt (no pun intended).


Today, we have a birthday party to attend and drinks with a co-worker to celebrate her promotion. We wanted to go to the farmer's market this morning, but we ignored our alarm (oops!)

I'm loving summer, but I can't believe it has already been over a month since graduation!

Isn't that the way it always is though?
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...