A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Costa Rica: White Water Rafting

Today was perhaps the most fun and thrilling day of my life (except for our wedding day). We went white water rafting on the Balsa river. I was so scared when I signed us up this morning (last minute, so I wouldn't think about it too much), but I also thought I would regret it if I kept fear from letting me try something new...and I'm so glad we did this! Our group (two other couples honeymooning) was so awesome. We executed our guide's commands of forward, back, down, left and right together in as much sync as possible with rapids coming at us and water filling our boat! I love teamwork activities (so much more than competitions). The class 3 Rapids provided a huge adrenaline rush. I was having fun the whole time and felt very safe (moms: note our life jackets and helmets!) One guy fell off, but we rescued him in about 20 seconds. It was a challenge and so tiring, but it also was amazing and beautiful. We saw toucans, iguanas, and sloths. The river was gorgeous! I cannot get enough of Costa Rica's scenery. Seriously, Brendan and I were just saying "I'm so glad we did this" over and over. 





I definitely would do rafting again!
What a great day! I'm off for some much needed sleep. Night night! 
<3 s&b 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...