A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Last Weekend of Summer

Greetings from our back to work week!

Our last weekend of summer included all my favorite things! Going to the farmer's market on Saturday, and then hosting our first "formal" dinner at the new table (yes, place cards were made).


Everything white watermelon (we bought a HUGE one at the farmer's market), including these white watermelon, mint, grilled zucchini, and feta cheese appetizers Brendan made for our fancy dinner and a cocktail with white watermelon!


Summer Mummers (a fundraiser put on by the Midland Community Theater where audience members throw popcorn everywhere. This was our second time going; the first was in 2012!)




And finally, not pictured, dinner and playing Skip Bo with our friends...I brought over S'mores pizza from Papa Murphys, and all I can say is that I wish I had not discovered this (because it was amazing). I still managed to lose another pound though, thanks to my dedicated barre class efforts!

So Monday, when we went back to work at 8:00am, I wasn't feeling half bad. After all, my mind was full of wonderful memories from Summer 2015, and our last weekend was summer spectacular!

Summer 2015, you treated us so, so good. Thank you for being awesome!


We'll see you in just 270 days! And until then, let the teaching commence! But first, I must lead a meeting tonight. Wish me luck!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...