A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Birds, Bees, Flowers, and Trees!

Sunday was a big day for our little house. We got trees! 


Four trees to be exact!


Everyone in our neighborhood talks about "the tree man," who arrives every Saturday with a trailer load of trees for sale that he will plant himself and insure for a year. Rumor has it if you buy more than one, he gives you a great deal. Brendan and I have been very interested in meeting this tree man since we moved here, but we soon began to think of him as an urban legend. Saturday after Saturday went by, and we never saw him (though we would notice more and more neighbors getting trees in each weekend). We began to joke about it, since people would say "What, you haven't seen him? He's here every Saturday!" Then this past Saturday, the magic happened for us. We were driving to the grocery store, totally unsuspecting, when there we spotted him: THE TREE MAN!

"Stop the car!" We both shouted.

It was hard to play it cool enough to negotiate a bargain, since we were both so excited. I even told the tree man he was our version of Santa. We were both absolutely giddy with excitement.

We took every last tree that the tree man had.

The front has a small Chinese Pistache:


and a Live Oak (I'm partial to it, since we were married under a live oak):


The back has a larger Chinese Pistache:


and a Silver Leaf Maple:


Overall, I love the view of my trees from the window:


And the birds have already discovered the trees! We need to get feeders this weekend.

Oh yeah, I was also REALLY glad we didn't plant these ourselves. It looked like a lot of work.


Overall, our trees were worth every penny (and yes, it's true, the tree man negotiates a pretty fair deal!) We LOVE them. 

In other news, we had a great weekend that involved dinners with two different sets of friends, but things took a turn for the worse at 4:00am on Monday when I woke up sick. I had to call out sick from work for the first time. I really didn't like that! I was able to see a doctor immediately and get antibiotics. Brendan was a champ and covered my class and tutoring hours, but I felt bad that it made his Monday harder. I was back to work today, and while I wouldn't say I'm 100%, I am feeling better; however, I am still abstaining from working out until I feel I am back to fully functioning. 

So, I hope your work week got off to a better start than mine. I am enjoying the fresh start that the new month provides. I can't believe it's September, but I'm so excited to welcome fall. We had lower temperatures on Saturday, and it was such a nice preview of what is to come (and I'll take highs in the 90s over triple digits any day!) 

Happy September; let's make it a month to remember! 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...