A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Start of Fall

Happy start of Fall! Around here, we feel the season change subtly. Our highs moved out of the 90s and into the high 80s. It still feels pretty hot, but I'll take it. We even got rain last night (it always seems to happen right after Brendan waters the yard, ha).

I have been fighting exhaustion lately (still at the end of recovering from the cold). The only remedy I've found so far is working on including protein in every snack. My snacks yesterday were: a cheese stick, greek yogurt, and a protein smoothie. I can't believe I've never included my protein smoothie recipe here before. I make it probably once a week, and it's so easy!

Protein Smoothie
In a blender, combine: 1 cup low fat milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup ice, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Blend until smooth (13 grams of protein in every smoothie!). I never have bothered to take a picture of my own smoothie, but here is one from health.com, and my smoothie looks just like this:


I'm all for easy meal prep these days, especially because between work and working out, I'm tired at dinnertime. After yoga last night, Kristen came over for dinner, and here's what I made (recipe tweaked from one I found on the, now defunct, blog Peas and Thank You):

Personal Pineapple Pizzas
Top pre-made personal pizza crusts (I use the brand Mama Mary's) with 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, red onion, pineapple, and fresh rosemary. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.


Throw together a large salad to serve it with, and dinner has never been easier. 


Today is already productive. I dragged myself out of bed this morning for an early barre class. Since the college is hosting Stephen Dubner for a lecture tonight, I wanted to get my workout out of the way early, so I could actually eat dinner.

Honestly, I'm hoping to read the book Freakonomics before the lecture tonight (I have yet to purchase the book). That may sound a little ambitious, but we'll see!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. Remember, it's ALMOST the weekend!
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...