A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Amanda & Matt's Wedding Weekend

New Orleans provided the perfect backdrop for Matt and Amanda's wedding weekend. As expected, there was great food and music and a big ole' party! After 8.5 years of knowing and loving Matt, it was awesome for him to officially become part of the family. The love these two have for one another is adorable and inspiring. I love them both, and I was so happy to be a part of their wedding. They have amazing professional pictures, which I'm sure they will share on their own blog later (after they finish conquering Italy for two weeks), but what I have is memories and some snapshots from my phone.

This first photo is one of my favorites. We were getting ready for the wedding rehearsal at Amanda's house, and it occurred to me that we had many great memories here from growing up. I remember making "do it yourself" facials out of random kitchen ingredients. Now, here we were sharing make-up and getting ready for Amanda's wedding rehearsal. I was surprised by how emotional I felt. When did we grow up?!


The wedding rehearsal was at Amanda's church and the dinner was hosted by Matt's mom Sandy and her husband Chris. It was such a wonderful event, and I loved all the Pinterest inspired details.




The food was delicious (both Louisiana and Texas inspired), but I also loved hearing all the toasts. I captured some of the best Amanda expressions ever.


Amanda and Matt were surrounded by love and well wishes for a happy marriage. Everyone in attendance was emotional. Well, Ana (the flower girl) seemed mostly excited!


At the end of the evening, we all got the best surprise. New Orleans style snowballs! I got chocolate, Brendan got coffee, and we mixed our flavors together. They were so good! I was on Instagram all night. These two thought of the best hashtags ever! #addingananthony and #hepickedafig, which both play on their last names.



I don't have any photos from the ceremony because well, I was in it! But I will say it was one of the loveliest I ever attended. Amanda's sister and maid of honor, Elena, sang beautifully. I loved the readings that they selected, and they had people from both of their church communities involved in the ceremony. The church is absolutely gorgeous; I felt so safe and peaceful there. I really could feel the protection and love that was enveloping Matt and Amanda. It was very sacred and special. Here is a photo that my mom took before the ceremony began:


I got my little cousin to snap this photo of Brendan and I after the ceremony.


Then my mom took a few of us with the "little" cousins. They are all getting so tall and grown up.



My mom snapped this picture during formal photography, but I love it because it shows how happy Amanda and Matt looked right after their ceremony:


After the ceremony, all the family got to ride in a special private streetcar.


Fancy times!
I took a video during Amanda and Matt's first dance, so I didn't get a photo, but here is the father daughter dance:


After all the dances, Amanda's girlfriends participated in a "cake pull" tradition. We each pulled a different charm out of her cake, and it was a surprise which charm we would get and what it would represent.


I drew a cute little house charm, and the fortune said a move was in my future. I hope not since we just bought a house in January! The cake pull was a really fun tradition though. I love my charm and can add it to my bracelet! Up next, Amanda and Matt cut their beautiful cake. It was a DELICIOUS wedding cake.


After this, there were toasts and then lots of dancing. Even the boys danced and serenaded Amanda. I mean, was I still singing some of the songs played at the wedding today at the grocery store? Yes, yes I was. It was a darn good party. So good that I didn't have time to take many photos.


After the reception, we went to the afterparty at the Hotel Roosevelt. We were there pretty late and caught an early flight out of New Orleans the next morning.


Needless to say, we were quite tired yesterday (and students are always happy to point out when we "look tired." Thanks guys!)

Anyway, I'm signing off to get some rest, but we're wishing Amanda and Matt a happy honeymoon in Italy! Keep them in your thoughts for safe travels and a most memorable trip.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...