A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Reasons to Smile

It has been a really busy week. While things feel mostly normal, stories like this (about a former teacher's/friend's current campus) still have me on edge. I'm doing my best to deal with anxiety, and I'm finding reasons to smile this week.

On Monday, I found out that Brendan and I won a $3,190.00 grant for the English Honor Society that we advise together. We are both so thrilled and happy for what this will mean for our students.

Monday night, I accidentally picked up six pound weights in barre class, thinking they were five pounders. While I'm aware that these both sound like ridiculously low amounts, anyone that has ever done a barre class knows that six pounds (the highest weight my studio has) is no joke! I made it through the arms section, and I was so proud of myself. I even repeated it on Tuesday and plan to give it a go tonight as well. 

Yesterday was an extremely busy day at work. I taught for three hours and then arrived at the lab to a wait list of students. A morning tutor was sick, so our waitlist had built up. I tutored for two hours without any breaks between students, and I was able to help seven students. By the time I left, the waitlist for the next tutor was four students long. I love helping students and really enjoyed it, but by the time my afternoon hair appointment came around, I was quite literally falling asleep in the chair. 

I snapped this photo to send to Brendan who was still at work (poor guy, he worked 8:00am-after 8:00pm yesterday). I can definitely tell how sleepy I was in this photo; I could barely keep my eyes open! I love my new haircut and color, which was done again at Maximus Salon here in Midland. I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday, so now I feel officially bridesmaid ready. As I'm sure readers could predict, my cousin's upcoming wedding this Saturday is my #1 reason to smile! 


After taking this photo, I took a nap. When I woke up 45 minutes later, there was a text from my yoga teacher canceling class for the evening. While normally I would have been sad, yesterday I was relieved, since I really didn't have hardly any energy. We had dinner plans with my friend Kristen and her boyfriend, Alex, so Kristen just came over early and we drank wine on the patio (this was much more my speed!) 

This morning, I woke up early to check us in for tomorrow's flight (we got the A group, the only acceptable group in my opinion!) Luckily, I was able to go right back to sleep, and I slept in until 9:30AM, which felt AMAZING. 

Today brings much to do and some rainstorms to Midland. Brendan thought Lola looked cold, so he did this: 



This photo definitely makes my "reasons to smile" list. I'm off to get my day started. Dear readers, I hope you find many reasons of your own to smile. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...