A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Week's Worth of Eating

Happy Sunday evening, friends.
A week ago, I started writing down everything I eat in a day as a kind of experiment. I just wanted to see what my choices looked like on paper. This is a total typical week (no dieting or restriction involved), and I thought it'd be interesting to share what that looks like for me. The purpose of this post is to give other people meal plan ideas and also give a glimpse into a vegetarian diet, which many of our friends are curious about. I'll also address how we make cooking and meal prep happen when we're busy at work. Enjoy!

MONDAY
Breakfast
I started the day with Green Monster smoothies for us both. These things are filling and make for a really fast breakfast.
Lunch
Lean Cuisine Lasagna: It's not bad and easy to heat up at work.
Snack
Low Fat Cottage Cheese with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
Dinner
1/2 of a quesadilla, a cup of chili, and 1 homemade corn muffin (all leftovers, so totally easy prep), plus a glass of red wine.

TUESDAY
Breakfast
Oatmeal with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon and honey.
Lunch
Salad (Spring mix+granny smith apple slices+cranberries+bleu cheese+walnuts) with Ken's light Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Again, this is easy to eat at work, and I made it while the oatmeal was cooking.
Snack
Cherry Chocolate Protein Smoothie 
Dinner
BBQ Tofu, potatoes, green beans (Brendan made this while I was working out) + a glass of red wine and one fun size peanut m&m's


WEDNESDAY
Breakfast
Egg Sandwich (toast an English muffin, microwave 1 egg for 25 seconds and then top it with low fat cheese, and microwave another 20 seconds. Put the egg on the English muffin and boom, breakfast).
Morning Snack
HEB Cheese Stick
Lunch
Leftover pasta with pesto and tomatoes (gotta use your leftovers)
Afternoon Snack
Fruit Smoothie
Dinner
While Brendan is teaching his night class, I make this Santa Fe casserole. I actually prepped it before yoga class and then baked it after, which was smart because class leaves me pretty tired, and I usually only beat Brendan home by about 40 minutes. I served this with one leftover corn muffin for each of us. I had a very generous glass (some may say a glass and a half) of red wine.

THURSDAY
Breakfast
Low fat cottage cheese + 1/2 a grapefruit (I'm OBSESSED with grapefruit and so happy they are back in season).
Lunch
Same salad from Tuesday's lunch
Snack
Green monster smoothie from Monday's breakfast
Dinner
 Brendan puts together this green curry, and I have it with (predictably) a glass of wine.


FRIDAY
Breakfast
I start the day with low fat cottage cheese and 1/2 a grapefruit again
Morning Snack
HEB Cheese Stick
Lunch
We have a lunch meeting at work catered by Jason's deli. I have a veggie wrap, small bag of chips and 1/2 my giant cookie. 
Afternoon Snack
A grande passion fruit tea at Starbucks and later an 8oz Clamato & Bud Light 
Dinner
Leftover Santa Fe Casserole + 1 corn muffin+ a glass of red wine. Brendan brings home my favorite sour gummi worms. There are 3.5 servings in the bag, but I manage to only eat 1.5 servings. 

SATURDAY 
Brunch
We go to brunch for our friend's birthday, and we split Huevos Rancheros. The order comes with a tortilla, egg, refried beans, and potatoes for each of us. I also have a Bloody Mary. 
Dinner
Leftover pasta with pesto and tomatoes+a glass of red wine+ a serving of sour gummi worms
Late Night Snack
We stay up until 2:00am playing a game and hanging out with friends. I ate cheese, crackers, nuts, and some leeks with this great dipping sauce + another glass of red wine (do you see a pattern here?) 

SUNDAY
Breakfast 
2 eggs + Instant grits w/low fat cheese 
Snack
The final serving of sour gummi worms 
Dinner
Braised tofu, potatoes, roasted garlic, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts + a glass of red wine


All in all, that's a totally typical week for me. We try to make use of leftovers, cook a fair amount, eat fruits and vegetables, and have some indulgences too. I hope the "a glass of red wine per day for good health" thing still holds true. I stuck to my typical workout routine this week: 1 hour of barre on Monday, 1 hour of barre on Tuesday, 1 hour 10 minutes of yoga on Wednesday, 1 hour of barre on Thursday, and 1 hour of barre on Saturday. 

All in all, this was a delicious week. I just hope next week is just as tasty! 
<3 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...