A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Monday, November 23, 2015

November 2015 Stitch Fix

On Friday, after a long week of work, I was looking forward to my Stitch Fix. Last month's fix wasn't so great, so I was hoping to redeem it. I need some winter weather stuff, and I'm pretty lazy when it comes to shopping, so I asked my stylist to send me some jeans and some plaid for Thanksgiving.

I don't think she got the memo. Up first was the Queensland Dolman Jersey Top.


This top was super soft, but it is boxy on me. Brendan said it best: "This top was made for someone wanting to hide a tummy, and that is not you." I was bummed that this was sent to be because I sent back a similar top last month and added a "no 3/4 sleeve" note to my style profile.

Up next, the Cusco Crew Neck Top:


Again, boxy and oversized. It just isn't flattering or made for my body type. I felt like this style is for a woman one or two decades older than me.

Up Next was the Cordelia Striped Boat Neck Sweater:


Finally, something warm, fitted, and wintery. This was my only keep of the box. I felt like it was exactly the kind of thing I would pick out. I love those really classic styles that last season to season.

Next was the Dexter Faux Wrap Dress:


I wanted it to work because it was so soft, but look how large and low cut it is in the bust. I literally could not wear this out of the house. Yikes.

Up next, the Ashlynn Trumpet Hem Skirt.


It's cute, and I like the color, but it was not flattering since it was so tight.

At least the returns are free, and I got one good sweater out of the deal. If you are interested in your own fix, please use my referral link to sign up. I'll give Stitch Fix another try in a few months. For now, I went online and ordered myself some jeans and some plaid!

In other news...


We had a very cozy weekend. The temperatures finally dropped below freezing and killed some of our plants :( We had to turn on the heat for the first time. But, in good news, Brendan discovered a neat place to walk near our house where we can see giant jack rabbits, and we enjoyed a great Friday evening walk before the cooler temperatures set in. We also started addressing the holiday cards and prepping the Thanksgiving meal this weekend.

Today, I went to a new dentist in Midland and was given good news that all is fine (Remember my terrible dentist experience last fall with the dentist that lied to me? This is the second dentist to confirm that I am cavity free). Tomorrow, we take about 18 honor society students to see The Hunger Games, and Brendan's parents arrive late tomorrow night. We can't wait for several days of fun with our family. We have twelve bottles of wine, games galore, and a turkey defrosting in our fridge.

How is your holiday prepping going?
We hope it's good!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...