A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Feeling Festive

Since I last checked in on Tuesday, we've been doing quite a bit of celebrating. 

On Wednesday, we attended Reinbeer, a beer sampling event that is organized by the Museum of the Southwest here in town. This year's beer selection was better than ever, and we had fun sampling all the beers (my favorite was this one), taking pictures in the photo booth, and catching up with friends and even some co-workers. 

 

On Thursday night, I started to feel a cold coming on. I thought I escaped my traditional winter break sickness, but alas, I'm cursed! Zyrtec D is taking care of business though. I HIGHLY recommend it for common cold symptoms. 

On Friday, we had friends Dagan and Stephanie over for dinner, and we made more dishes from Sheet Pan Suppers and Smitten Kitchen (the cook books I mentioned in Tuesday's post). I didn't take pictures, but I'm still dreaming about the baked brie with strawberries. After dinner, we checked out Hotshots, a local bar that still appears to be actively (but not intentionally) functioning in the 1990s. Seriously, if you ever feel nostalgic, check it out. We had a great time playing shuffleboard (Steph and I lost by two points due to my disappointing lack of skills!) and catching up. 




Saturday, after my 6th barre class of the week (woo-hoo!), Brendan and I drove to San Angelo for an early Christmas celebration. My mom met us there, and we celebrated with her siblings, Lisa and Greg, their spouses Gregg and Crystal, and Lisa's kids, Colton and McKenna. Check out this photo of me and my twelve year old "little" cousin. Who is little now, huh? 


We spent the night at Lisa and Gregg's new and beautifully decorated house. This was Brendan's first time seeing the new house (I stopped by in May on the way to my cousin Amanda's bachelorette weekend), and it was fun for me to see all the changes that have taken place since I first saw it. 


Today, after lunch with my mom, Lisa, and family friend Marsha, Brendan and I drove back to Midland. Since I'm still feeling under the weather, I had the perfect excuse to stay on the couch and watch the last five episodes of season two of HBO's The Leftovers. The show's second season was ten times better than the first (a rarity), and I really have enjoyed doing nothing all day and giving my body time to recover. Brendan made hummus for dinner, and we ate it with crackers, carrots, tomatoes, and celery. It really was a low key but perfect evening. 

Fingers crossed that I'm feeling better tomorrow. Only 4 days until Christmas! 
We hope you are feeling festive too! 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...