A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday, Friday, Friday OHHHH!

Do you guys remember this? The video is the inspiration for today's title. It was so bad but so good.

I am feeling so joyful and relieved after just learning that my Mimi is being released from the hospital today. Suddenly, the world looks a lot brighter now that I know she is okay.

The rest of our week went by super quickly.
On Wednesday night, I made Vegetable Root Stew (in the newest issue of Family Circle) in the crockpot, and it was so tasty.


Every time I see a recipe in a magazine that looks good, I buy the ingredients and immediately make it. If it's good enough, I save it in a recipe box and keep it in my growing repertoire. Crockpot recipes always win extra points with me because I can throw the ingredients in when I get home around 2pm and dinner can be ready around 7pm when we normally eat.

Last night, Brendan whipped up Inspiralized Apple and Cheese Buns for dinner with salad. We could not get the apples and potatoes to stay in bun form, so it was more like hash brown consistency, but that was fine with us. We ate the leftovers for breakfast this morning with fruit (so good!) I don't know about you guys, but I have a serious addiction to grapefruit. Anyone else? I could eat multiple grapefruit per day and never get sick of them. How do they taste so good?!

Today after work, I came home and did workout videos at home while Brendan played basketball. These 3 videos made a nice 30 minute workout:
Total Body Tone Up
Holiday Hustle 
Movie Night Workout

I like the Tone it Up workouts because they are free, easy to follow, use little or no equipment (other than a mat), have a lot of variety, and use some of the same moves from my barre class.

I have now worked out everyday this week due to the videos today, Barre class Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and yoga on Wednesday. I really enjoyed Wednesday's yoga class because it was all about tree pose. I appreciate any chance to work on my balance, and this class had me feeling calm and meditative by the end.

I'm very much looking forward to this weekend. Tonight, we are eating at my favorite restaurant, and I'm watching my Friday night line up (Master Chef Jr. on Fox and Shark Tank and 20/20 on ABC). Call me boring, but I love staying in on Friday night and relaxing. Other than that, the weekend brings barre class Saturday, a friend's birthday party Sunday, and time to catch up on laundry and organization.

We hope everyone has a great weekend and something to be thankful for today.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...