A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Off to a Running Start

The first week of 2016 has treated us well. We got to see Corley, Elda, Amanda & Matt, and my family, and we got to eat pasta, pizza, sushi, and pho (in that order but on all different nights). What more could anyone ask for? Finally, on the 5th, it was time to stop eating and start packing up our cats and heading home.

Since returning home, we've been fairly productive as we gear up to head back to work on Monday. We enjoyed one last night of the Christmas decor on Tuesday before putting everything away yesterday. Also, I started tidying according to the wisdom in my new book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. So far, I have filled FOUR trash bags of tops and bottoms to give to Goodwill. I usually have a difficult time parting with things, but this book made the process so easy. I'm also thrilled with the folding solutions. For the first time ever, I feel like I am making the most of my drawer space. This book is a must read for anyone that is ready to make a change. The process is by no means instantaneous (it will probably take me a few months to get through all the categories), but I really feel these results will be easy to maintain compared to other less structured methods of organization. I'll do a blog post when I finish each section!

I returned to my barre studio in Midland yesterday and went to class again today. It feels good to be back after attending my last 7 classes in Austin (where the studio space is smaller, and I don't know the teachers as well). Despite only gaining one pound over the break, I feel like I gained more because I have indulged my sweet tooth SO MUCH lately (hello candy and all the pies). Someone needs to steal my bag of stocking candy from me!

Today, Brendan and I took out every shelf and drawer from our fridge and scrubbed and cleaned each and every piece. Tomorrow, it's pantry organization, errands, and grocery shopping. I don't want vacation to be over, but at the same time, we probably need to return to some kind of schedule.

I've enjoyed all the relaxation and Netflix binging. In the last week, Brendan and I watched all of the Netflix series Making a Murderer; I'm sure you've read about it but it's so compelling, tragic, and important. Get thee to the couch! I also finished the last season of Parenthood in the last 3 nights. If you watch, get tissues ready: the last season is everything I hoped it would be and more. I promised Brendan that Star Wars was next because we still haven't seen the new film (I guess we're in the 1% of the population on that one). Fun Fact: I've only seen most of episode IV...and I honestly feel like it's so/so, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Goodnight everyone. We hope the first week of 2016 went smoothly for each of you!
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...