A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, January 29, 2016

Ready, Set, Weekend! (Plus a White Plum Discount)

Greetings, friends.

It's been a productive week! There was a lot to do for work and for life, but we did take time to celebrate our year of homeownership last night with homemade (get it?) ramen noddles. I saved a recipe from Food Network magazine, and Brendan made it while I was at barre class. There's even a poached egg in there. We both went back for seconds.


Today, I tried out something new to me: morning exercise! My alarm had to be set for 5:00am (gulp), so I needed to get into bed by 10:00pm. Unfortunately, someone had other plans. 


I was a little restless last night (kind of how you are before you need to catch a morning flight), but I woke up at 5:00am feeling well rested and refreshed. I jumped in the shower because I knew there wouldn't be time after class. After my shower, I half blow dried my hair, ate 1/2 a grapefruit and 1/2 a cup of low fat cottage cheese, dressed for class, and re-set the alarm for Brendan (who, along with Zoe, slept through all of this). I made it to the studio about five minutes before 6:00am. It was just enough time to get set up. I thought I'd be exhausted, but I had tons of energy, and everyone else was cheerful and talkative too. I attended Natalie's 5:45PM class last night and her 6:00AM class this morning. Natalie is a fellow teacher (fourth grade), so I felt like we were in it together as I made it through another challenging class. I made it home at 7:15AM (the drive was dark both ways) and had just enough time to make green monster smoothies (I added a drop of vanilla extract and some ice to the recipe) for both of us, finish blow drying my hair, put on make-up, and dress for work. I pre-selected my outfit last night, which helped save me time this morning (thanks to my college roomie, Lauren, for that life lesson). I made it to work just in time for my 8:00AM office hour, and my verdict is that I would definitely do it again. I've always been an evening exerciser, feeling quite intimidated by early wake up calls, but today, I learned there is nothing to fear. How about you: would you exercise at 6:00AM?

Speaking of outfits, I'm excited to share my new discovery White Plum.  I saw other bloggers writing posts sponsored by White Plum, but I never gave it much thought. Then, it occurred to me that my winter work wardrobe isn't that comfortable, and I frequently wear four different things per day (work clothes, lounge at home clothes, workout clothes, pajamas). I wanted some leggings and long sleeve dresses, so I could be both warm and comfortable in winter. Mission accomplished. 


I love my three pairs of leggings and two dresses. Everything I got is super, super soft, and I love the variety in all the prints they have leggings in. Hey, just because I like you, I'm sharing my discount code that came with my order. Use: JANUARYJOYS to get 25% off any order (expires Sunday 1/31/16 at 11:59 PDT). Note: White Plum didn't pay me or give me anything for free, and this is not a referral code; I just like their clothes and am a happy customer!

After work, I got a much needed manicure. 


Then, I came home to this: 


Is Lola trying to send me a message? 

Look Lola, it's still my pillow. 

Happy weekend! 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...