A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Weeknight Updates

Greetings, friends!
I hope your work weeks are rolling right along. Brendan and I are pretty exhausted from returning to teaching. Before you cue up your tiny violins, let me explain what I mean: teaching is a surprisingly physical job. From standing on your feet the entire class periods, to projecting your voice, to having to think quickly, explain as you think, and be remotely entertaining, I often tell my students that I workout just to stay in shape for teaching (and I'm not really joking!)

We have had a mostly good few days. On Monday, we made Roasted Leeks and Cauliflower for dinner from Take One Pot. I enjoy this cookbook, but I will say, the recipes are not always super simple and sometimes do require other kitchen supplies getting dirty (thus, the title is a tad bit misleading). This recipe was delicious though and had us both going back for seconds.

Yesterday, we cooked the pho recipe from Inspiralized.  Here, Daikon Radish was used to make the noodles in the bowl. It doesn't sound appealing, but it honestly was delicious. I went back for seconds and then thirds!

After dinner, we watched the first half of Return of the Jedi. I am slowly getting my Star Wars education. After we finish episode VI, we can watch I-III, and then I will be ready to see the new film. Fun fact: I grew up watching Ewoks the Battle for Endor, a made for TV movie sequel that I actually never saw the original of (we had a recorded VHS tape of the sequel only). This movie led me to ask a mall Santa for "a bracelet that lights up when my family is dead," around age four or five, probably leading said mall Santa to be extremely creeped out. As a result of my strange childhood, I like Return of the Jedi best so far. Finally, the Ewoks are back!

I have dinner in the crockpot (Vegetable Root Stew) and yoga class in one hour. I think yoga class will be essential today for helping me relax and stay calm. I have been very sad since I learned this afternoon that my Mimi is in the hospital. Please send prayers and get well wishes. The family is awaiting news on some important tests.

We hope it's all good news where you are,
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...