A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 2016 Stitch Fix

It's another Stitch Fix review! If you decide to get a fix based on my review, please use my referral link. I will appreciate the referral credit.

Okay, so, for the sake of full disclosure, I wasn't totally thrilled with my October or November 2015 Stitch Fixes, so the company comped my $20 styling fee for this fix. Also, these photos were taken at about 8:00pm after a long work day, working out, and fighting a cold. I tried to make myself smile, but I'm pretty darn tired!

Up first was the Favio Spilt Neck Top and the Siena Cropped Pant.


Ha, I honestly I HATE these pants. At 5'2", cropped pants are not a style that I can pull off.  I asked for jeans (the last two times), and I was really disappointed that I got cropped lightweight pants instead. I liked the material and feel of the top, as it is the kind of piece I like for work, but the neck was a little low, and the white color washed me out. These were both returns, and I couldn't wait to get those pants off!

Up next, the Donavon Crochet Detail Knit Top.


I like the color, but the cut of the top just isn't flattering. Also, this basically feels like a cotton shirt, and I thought it was overpriced for what it was. Returned.

My feelings were similar about the Bonny Open Cardigan:


For some reason, Stitch Fix is pretty obsessed with sending me cardigans. This one was incredibly soft, and I loved the color, but it was way overpriced, and I already have a lot of cardigans. I think I'll have to put a note about no more cardigans. Returned.

Just when I thought this fix was going to be another bust, out came the Maeby Dress:


I love the material, the pattern, the softness, and the fact that I could wear this for work or fun. This one was a keeper!

Though I only kept one item, it was something I really, really liked. I continue to appreciate Stitch Fix for finding some special pieces that I have added to my wardrobe over time. I only keep things if they really stand out as being great to me (especially after reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and realizing I should only have things that bring me a lot of joy), but I always manage to find at least one thing per fix that I truly adore.

I am so, so tired and will probably tuck in early. Shout out to the absolute HERO of my day, Brendan, who used his work from home day to do, fold, and put away several loads of laundry, clean the kitty litter, take out the trash, clean up the kitchen, do dishes, and make us an awesome and healthy dinner. I feel sick, had a full workday, presented to the board of trustees, and even forced myself to workout after it all was done, so after a less than easy day, it was amazing to come home to a sparkling clean house, a delicious meal (recipe coming tomorrow, promise), my clothes put away, and the sweetest ever husband to talk about my day with. He never fails to amaze me. Gentleman, take note: this is what it means to be a partner in the truest sense of the word!

Did anyone else out there get a February fix? Did you like it? I hope so!
<3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...