A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Too Many Cooks


Brendan: Oh, you've gotta stop it honey, I can't take anymore. 


Why don't you make it through this video. I'll see you in eleven minutes approximately.

TOO MANY COOKS! TOO MANY COOKS, TOO MANY COOKS, TOOOOOO MANY COOKS!

Wait, what is happening? Oh yeah, this is my blog.

We had a nice weekend and a good end to January. I met all my goals:
Make at least 3 inspiralized recipes--I made more like 6.
Attend 17 barre classes--did it!
and organize my clothes according to The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (I gave away about 6 bags of clothes to Goodwill. It was hard to let go of some of it, but I'm ultimately glad that I don't have a closet full of things I don't wear). I wrote at the beginning of the year that I was going to set 6 goals, but that number was pretty arbitrary, and 3 goals felt manageable, so I'm sticking with that for February.

Saturday night, I made this delicious salad to take to a potluck. It had a Sherry Shallot Dijon dressing from Inspiralized, but for the salad, I just tossed together spring mix, spinach, spiralized red onion, spiralized granny smith apple, pecans, died cranberries, and parmesan cheese.


Sunday was 77 and sunny, and we enjoyed every bit of the unseasonably warm weather with a walk at the nature preserve. Unfortunately, it didn't last. It's still sunny, but not nearly as warm. 

Meta
IT TAKES A LOT TO MAKE A STEW! A PINCH OF SALT AND LAUGHTER TOO! (What? Stop!)

We ended the weekend with this


Honestly, so delicious! 

TOO MANY COOKS, TOO MANY COOKS, TOO MANY COOKS. 

Sorry, I'm trying to regain control. 

Last night, I was INSANELY tired. I went to sleep at 9:00PM to wake up at 6:15AM. I'm not sure what was going on, but I must have really needed the rest. 

Today was better. I was like super wife. I went to work, came home and made dinner and put it in the crockpot (2 hours on high if you want to do it that way). I even made these Onion Ricotta Muffins from Family Circle. Then, I went to work out. Unfortunately, these muffins took forever to cook and were not the right texture, so then I didn't feel as super! 

Wait, did someone say cook?
Noooooooooooooooooooo. 

Okay, if you figure out how to regain control of you mind now that you have heard that song, let me know! Also, when I was a child, I spent a lot of time thinking about what I would like my TV credit intro song to be like (ala Full House, Seventh Heaven, etc.) 

TOO MANY COOKS, 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...