A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day Weekend 2016

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

I love that Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year because it made it easy to spend time together. Yesterday, Brendan and I went out to eat at Cork and Pig Tavern in Odessa. The food was absolutely delicious, and I also highly recommend the pink guava margarita. We polished off dinner with a shared chocolate dessert, and we left completely stuffed! 

Hello chocolate, I love you! 
After dinner, we headed to Permian Playhouse to catch the last showing of The Fantasticks. I'm just sorry I didn't see it earlier in the run because then I could have told local readers how good it was. We really enjoyed it, and we'll be back to see more at Permian Playhouse. When we got home, we were completely exhausted. We fell right to sleep and slept in, for the first time all week, until 9:00am. It was glorious!

When I woke up, I had great news on my phone. My friend and sorority sister from college, Cheryl, became engaged to the love of her life, Oscar. Cheryl actually caught the bouquet at our wedding, and we're so excited and happy for her and Oscar. Another fun tradition is that a group of us have all shared the same wedding planning books. The tradition was started by Lauren, who married in 2012, and then sent me her books. When Tara got engaged in 2015, I mailed them to her. Now, Tara's wedding will be this summer, and she'll pass the books on to Cher (who is her maid of honor).


Today was so nice. We had time to relax and just be in each other's company, and the weather outside was beautiful (in the 70s and sunny), so we took a long walk to enjoy it. Brendan got me these beautiful pink and white tulips, and I love them.


Our dinner recipes came from Martha Stewart's current issue. She did a feature called "Hello Sunshine," which featured citrus recipes that I immediately knew we'd enjoy trying.

We started with Cara Cara and Blood Orange Salad with Ricotta Salata:


The main course was Linguine with Clams and Lime:


Dessert was Key Lime Pie:


Everything was delicious, and we served it all with Prosecco.

In between dinner and dessert, we exchanged gifts. Brendan gave me dark chocolate with sea salt, Sour Brite Trolli gummi worms (my weakness), and two books: Mindy Kaling's Why Not Me? and Charlie Anders' All the Birds in the Sky. But the best part was probably the homemade Valentine card that he made me :) I have one from each year, and I treasure them so much. I gave Brendan a sweet card, Turkish Delight, Gin-Gins, and dark chocolate with chili. I also had the lyrics of Paul Simon's Song About the Moon (our first dance song from our wedding) made into a beautiful print that I matted and framed. Brendan loved it, and it'd make a sweet idea for anyone with a paper anniversary coming up. I can't wait to see it hanging.

Happy heart day, friends.
I wish we had President's Day off tomorrow, but instead, we head into another crazy work week. On the bright side, our weather is warm and sunny, and supposedly, we'll see into the high 80s this week. I cannot imagine running the air conditioner in February, especially since this time last year, we were having snow days, but we'll see what happens!

We hope your weekend was spent with people you love.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...