A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, friends.

We hope your day is going well. Our long weekend has been nothing but nice.

On Friday, I went to a short but tough barre class, and Brendan met me at Mulberry Cafe for lunch. The tomato bisque soup reminded me of La Madeline's, which means I will be back! While our housekeepers were cleaning, we ran errands and did more work in the front yard. Brendan planted a Texas Mountain Laurel inspired by our Davis Mountains State Park hike, while I filled in the front flower bed with some annuals since our drift roses won't fill the space by themselves this year.



Here are the results:


After working in the front yard, our next priority was to clean in the backyard and re-open the patio for spring. We celebrated the accomplishment with chips, salsa, and mojitos.



The chips were so filling that I didn't eat dinner until after 9:00PM. I had a phone date with my friend Kelsey, and then Brendan and I watched House of Cards and ate hummus, veggies, and cheese for dinner.

Saturday, we slept in, and then I went to the barre studio for my sixth and final workout of the week. Upon returning, we made the Kerbey Lane lemon poppy seed pancakes with lemon glaze that I was raving about in last weekend's post.


After breakfast, I finally finished Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. Back story: I started this novel back in the fall, but I stopped reading it. A few weeks ago, I was talking to my friend Emily from graduate school, and she mentioned loving the book. I told her I had stopped reading it because I hated the main character. She told me to keep reading and that I was supposed to hate him. I took her advice, and I'm really glad I did. The second half of the novel went much faster, gave me so much to think about, and was really chilling. I'm glad I stuck with it, and I would wholeheartedly recommend the novel. It's worth pushing on for.

After finishing the book, I worked on a story before we left to go to Dagan and Steph's house. We had a delicious dinner and a wonderful evening with them and made it home a little before 11PM.

This morning, we started Easter right with mimosas and quiche. I saved this recipe from People magazine, and it didn't disappoint.


I finally finished my story. Though I'm sure there are still edits to be made, it felt great to finish. Brendan and I did a lot of work in the backyard this afternoon. We separated pups and offshoots to replant, and the backyard is looking better each and every day.

Tonight, I have a feeling there will be more House of Cards in our future, and I've already started on a new book. I'll definitely be making progress on grading as well (it's really not optional!) Just wanted to check in, say hi, and wish everyone a happy Easter. We do miss our families today, but we're making the best of our break. Lola and Zoe are certainly enjoying having us here 24/7, and the cuddles are non-stop.

We hope you are in good company too.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...