A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring Break to the Rescue

Greetings faithful readers!

I am happy and relieved to report that we are officially on spring break. The week flew by. We had beautiful weather, which made it all go even faster.

Monday, I returned to barre after being away for five days. After class, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I was in so much pain that I felt like crying, and I actually had to take some pain relievers when I got home. 

On Tuesday and Wednesday, I taught more grammar workshops. So far, I've taught six workshops over the course of two semesters and reached 185 students. I feel really excited about these new programs. On Tuesday after work, I waited in line for over an hour to vote. 


It was worth it, but I definitely remembered why voting early is preferable. After I got home, I made us a No Boil Baked Ziti before heading to barre. We were able to survive the week mostly on leftovers from this dish, so it ended up being the perfect recipe for the week. 

On Wednesday, I got a message that yoga was canceled. I used the extra time to work on a neglected story and submit to a couple of journals. Though I don't write enough these days, it's always a good feeling when a new story is coming. The process can also make me kind of melancholy and tired. Later that night, I caught up with my friend Emily, from graduate school, over the phone. She has finished a novel, earned her PhD in creative writing, and lives in Brooklyn now. I'm really proud of her, and we had a great conversation just talking about our lives, what we've been reading and teaching, and what we hope our futures hold. Our long conversation made me really happy; sometimes a phone date is the best kind of date. 

Thursday, I got my hair colored and cut. 


Then, I tried to take a picture with my cats. This is the best we did: 



After barre, we enjoyed hummus and watching an episode of The Fall on Netflix. The show is ridiculously scary. I do not recommend watching it alone. 


This morning, I was up early for 6AM barre. I love it because by the afternoon, I seriously forget I even went. After teaching, we met with the club we advise, and then I led a tutor training. By the end, I was tired and ready to get home. 

Tonight, we are getting much deserved Mexican food and margaritas with co-workers and watching The Labyrinth on the big screen with friends. You guys already know that David Bowie in The Labyrinth was my first crush. I don't think Brendan will grow out his hair and wear leather pants anytime soon...but, marriage can be surprising. 

We have fun plans for spring break, but it still doesn't feel real. I'll check in with updates soon. 

Until then, we hope everyone's Friday night is great. 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...