A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Sunday, March 20, 2016

What's In a Weekend?

What's in a weekend? Two days off by any other name would be as sweet! We seriously had one good weekend.

Saturday, I went to barre class, and we made breakfast tacos together when I got home. That afternoon, I got a much needed manicure and pedicure in preparation for our Saturday evening plans. We don't have many chances to wear black tie apparel, but this weekend was a rare opportunity when we volunteered at the Museum of the Southwest's Black and Gold Auction.



It was a late night but a very beautiful event. Many of our friends work for the museum, and all of their hard work was evident. They put so much thought into details. I, for one, was blown away. 

After sleeping in this morning, we made these Kerbey Lane lemon poppy seed pancakes with lemon glaze and eggs. Buy this stuff now...they were were the best pancakes! 

This afternoon, I went to Bend and Beer at the local beer garden/nursery. This was my first time checking out the space, and I loved it. I felt like I was doing yoga in the Garden of Eden with all the beautiful plants and flowers around, and it was the perfect way to ring in the first day of spring (and complete my 6th workout of the week). My usual yoga teacher, Jessica, did a great job teaching the class of mixed levels. The experience was well worth the $10 participation fee, and I would recommend Bend and Beer to anyone. I can't wait for the next one! 


After class, I went to HEB to pick up a few odds and ends for the week ahead. After kitchen cleaning, class prep, and some laundry, we made quesadillas for our Sunday night dinner. I ate too much, and now I'm uncomfortably full.

All in all, it was a great weekend, but it went by way too fast. Luckily, Easter break is just around the corner once I make it through a few work days.


Happy Spring everyone! We hope you rang it in with some time outside and reflection on the good things to come.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...