A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Third Fabletics Review + Easy Cheesy Protein Bake

Greetings from a rainy day here in Midland. 

Today, I received the perfect thing in the mail: my third Fabletics outfit. My post on my first experience with the company has all the details if this is your first time reading about Fabletics. 

If you read my review and decide to sign up, you can get 1/2 off your first outfit by using this referral link.  I am not being paid or offered freebies to write this review, but I would get a $10 referral credit if you use my personal link to sign up.

This month, I went with the Azalea outfit, and I couldn't be happier. I sprung for an outfit that was 59.95 instead of the normal 49.95, and I think the difference in the quality of the top (which is more moisture wicking than the normal cotton tops) made that a good choice. 




I decided to order both pants and top in Medium, and for me, it feels like a good fit. Though I own some capris from Fabletics in small, I've learned that I don't like my pants super tight. It's all about personal comfort. 

This outfit performed perfectly in tonight's barre class. Everything stayed put and was comfortable. I ended up being the only one to show up to class, perhaps due to the weather, but it was a great workout, and, as always, I was glad that I showed up. 

Now, the real reason (probably) that you showed up. Tonight, Brendan made us this delicious Easy Cheesy Protein Bake. As I began to eat it, I knew I should photograph it before it was gone, since this was definitely a blog worthy recipe. 

Here's what you need: 
1/2 red bell pepper 
1/2 medium summer squash 
1 shallot 
1 cup of baby carrots 
1 cup uncooked quinoa/bulgar wheat blend (or all quinoa if you desire) 
4 eggs 
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan 
2 cups vegetable broth 
Sriracha, salt, and pepper to taste 

Here's what you do:
1.) Dice all vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2.) In a rice cooker, cook the quinoa/bulgar wheat in 2 cups of vegetable broth (we used the steaming basket on the rice cooker to steam the vegetables, but you could do this on the stove top as well).
3.) Turn on the oven broiler. Mix together quinoa/bulgar wheat and vegetables and divide into two medium ramekins. Top with 2 eggs each and 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan each.
4.) Broil for 4-5 minutes or until eggs set to desired consistency (rotate ramekins if needed halfway through).
5.) Remove from oven, allow ramekin to cool for a couple of minutes, top with Sriracha to taste if desired.

Total Prep and Cook Time: 45 minutes
Deliciousness Factor: 5 out of 5 stars. This one is a winner because it's healthy, fast, and delicious. You feel like you are eating comfort food, only without the high calories. It was the perfect thing for a cold and rainy day. You can mix up the vegetables, grains, and cheese to create a new dish every time. Steaming the vegetables brings out their flavors and adds a crunchy texture to the meal. Anything with an egg on top always tastes like a treat!

As you can see, I couldn't even wait to take the first bite.


Happy workouts & happy eating, everyone! We hope this quick and delicious meal makes its way into your dinner repertoire!
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...