A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Fish River canyon

July 25, 2016
Leaving luderitz, we drove to fish River canyon, second largest canyon after Grand Canyon. On the way, we stopped to see a bunch of wild horses, and I came very close to an oryx when he snuck up on me! 

After a few hours on all paved roads (can you tell I'm over gravel?), we made it!

Don't you get annoyed when people do this in pictures? Me too, but it seemed appropriate at fish River. 



We explored for a couple of hours before checking into our lodge. My outfits lately are amazing. Thankfully, Brendan loans me layers; otherwise, I'd be cold cold! 

At our lodge, it felt like being at big thunder mountain at Disney world (or rather big thunder mountain feels like this?) it was all real but felt not real since I saw the fake place first. 

Anyway, we enjoyed dinner at the lodge, the stars, and our house in the canyon: 

Up next, the kalahari desert! 
<3
S&b 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...