A BLOG ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

Saturday, July 2, 2016

July Publications!

Greetings friends!

I'm really excited to announce that I have two short stories being published in July. My story "You Could Stop It Here" will be published in volume three, issue three of Driftwood Press and will be available for purchase on July 4th. On or after July 4th, using this link, you can order a print copy of the journal for $15.99. The issue features visual art on high quality photo paper, fiction, and poetry as well as interviews with writers and artists (my interview is published as well). If you can't spare the expense, a free PDF of the issue will be released on the website after the print issue is released. You can also subscribe to the journal. A one year (4 issues) subscription is $59.00 and will begin with the upcoming issue.


Also in July, my short story "PiƱatas and Babes" will be published in volume six, issue three of WomenArts Quarterly Journal, which is published by the University of Missouri at St. LouisLater this month, you will be able to purchase the issue for $7.00 using this link. The issue will also feature poetry, an interview, a review, an essay, and art. A one year (4 issues) subscription is $30.00. Two and three year subscriptions are also available. 


July has turned out to be a great month for me. I'm really thankful to my writer friends who have helped with these stories. Shout out to the McNeese Workshop of Fall 2010, to Allie who reminded me that setting can't be ignored (no matter how I may try), and to Brendan, who reads everything I write at least a dozen times and asks essential questions that force me to revise until each story is the best it can be. I'm also thankful that the editors of Driftwood Press and Women Arts Quarterly have given these two stories great homes. 

I hope you will read my work and the rest of these wonderful issues as well; your support is very meaningful to me. As writers, we face a lot of rejection, but it's made very worth it when something meaningful to you is released into the world. 

Thanks for reading,
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...